Thursday 11 June 2015

simple banana bread recipe

I can't believe it's June, can you? I feel like summer will never come and yet we are pretty much halfway through the year. I just wanted to say that but the rest of the post has nothing to do with time and how slow it passes.

Today, I wanted to share an easy banana bread recipe with you which we make pretty often in our house. This recipe was passed down from my mum and it's fail-proof (because I can do it, ha!).
You can use this as a base recipe and add things into it like chocolate chips or dried fruit or whatever else you think might work -- but I don't normally add things because we don't have stuff like that lying around the house. Tough life is mine.

I also converted the measurements from ounces to cups (to make it easier for us in America) and, let me tell you, it took such a long time -- more than it should have. I can't do math to save my life. Anyway, enjoy!



Ingredients
1 cup self-raising flour
5/8 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter
2 mashed bananas

Method
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together sugar and butter, add flour, and eggs and then add the bananas.
3. Put in greased pan and bake for one hour.


Iona

2 comments

  1. Looks yummy :) New on my French blog: I straighten my hair and I eat Fraises Tagada
    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete

© a sweet destination. Design by Fearne.